Cash4Books

Sell back textbooks at Cash4Books.net

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Busyness of Life and Messed Up Priorities

In the midst of daily life for me it can be difficult to really get into God's Word on a daily basis. Sure its easy to just quickly read through a verse of the day from Bible Gateway, but to find time to really dig into a passage of Scripture and prayerfully read through it, can be quite hard during the week and even on the weekends. Some days I feel like I'm being pulled in multiple directions and the pulling won't relent. To be completely honest, there are some days where I don't even open up my Bible and read it, and I know that that's not good; I know that I should be getting into God's Word daily, but just sometimes it just feels like I don't have two minutes to sit down and read.
I think I one thing that I need to do is eliminate some of the things in my life that are just plain time wasters, such as extended periods of time on Facebook, watching pointless T.V. shows, or just surfing the Internet. When I think about all the time that I'm wasting by doing those things, it really upsets me that reading and studying the Bible so often falls to the bottom of priority list. I don't want it to be like that; I want to and need to get into my Bible daily!
In 1 Timothy 3:16-17, it says that "all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."
I pray that I would get my priorities in order and that I would daily surrender and allow God to work in my life and teach me, correct me, and train me so that I can competent and equipped for every good work that God would have for me in my life, now and in the future.
Here's a short video from the Skit Guys showing different perspectives on the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment