Cash4Books

Sell back textbooks at Cash4Books.net

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We Are Called...

I don't want to live a mediocre life; I don't want to be lukewarm in my devotion to Jesus Christ. I desire to be completely sold out and on fire for the cause of Christ. I want to go where He leads me, do what He wants me to do with my life, and in everything I do give glory to God.

We are called to be faithful. Called to seek and listen to God when He is speaking into our lives. Called to live by the Spirit and rely on the Spirit to help us live a life worthy of the calling we have received (Ephesians 4:1). Called to reach the lost, through proclamation and demonstration, with the Good News of Jesus Christ. Called to tell the lost about the grace, mercy, peace, and love that can only come from being in a life changing relationship with Jesus Christ. Called to not be conformed to the ways of this world, but instead be transformed by the renewal of our minds (Romans 12:2). Called to be a light in this dark world (Matthew 5:14).
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven

I do not put my hope in anything or anyone that this world has to offer, instead my hope is rooted in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, and the promise of eternity in Heaven spent with Him.
I need to learn, by the grace of God, to rely on the Holy Spirit to live my life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ, because no matter how hard I try to do this I can't do it on my own, I need the Holy Spirit's leading, guiding, convicting, and instructing each and every day.

1 comment: