Cash4Books

Sell back textbooks at Cash4Books.net

Friday, January 14, 2011

In the Midst of Uncertainty, there is hope and peace in Jesus Christ

I'm not really sure how to expalin, but recently I have just become so overwhelmed with this feeling of restlessness in my life and to be completely honest it is freaking me out, because I am the type of person that likes to know exactly what's going on and have everything planned out. The words of Jesus come to mind:
Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life(Matthew 6:25)
.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble (Matthew 6:34)
In the midst of all these restless feelings and uncertainty I am reminded once again that God has a plan and purpose for my life that is far bigger and better than anything I could ever come up with on my own and He will reveal it to me in His timing, not mine.God is God and I am not therefore I need to trust in His plan for my life, because it is the best plan!In the meantime I need to be earnestly seeking His purpose and plan for my life through prayer, Bible study/reading, and the counsel of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. It is quite comforting now that I sit back and reflect on the truth that God does have a plan for me, and that I don't have to rely on myself to plan my life out, because God knew and knows everything that I have done and will do in the future, therefore there is no reason for me to freak out!

1 comment: